The COVID-19 pandemic will be with us for a while. That’s why the importance of wearing a mask to protect ourselves and other people is emphasized every day. When the masks became indispensable, many people gave up makeup. But for many of us, this is an indispensable thing.
Those who tried to wear makeup under the mask have already faced several problems like quickly melting of face makeup, smudging lipstick and skin products to the mask and so on. Fortunately, there are a few tips to eliminate all this. Scroll up for pandemic-specific makeup tips!
Preparation For Makeup
Your skin makeup is more prone to melt away under the mask. Wearing a mask causes the intensity of moist breath to intensify especially in areas such as chin, lips and nose. In addition, your mask can remove your makeup in the areas it touches. To cope with all this, it would be effective to change your makeup preparation process a bit. Here are a few tips:
- Use light moisturizers under the mask, especially in summer. Thus, your make-up will become longer-lasting. For this, you can try moisturizers in lotion form.
- Make sure your sunscreen is light and non-comedogenic.
- You can choose primers that increase the permanence of makeup. Or you can try mattifying makeup primers only for the area where you are wearing a mask.
A Few Tips For Wearing Makeup Under The Mask
The choice of the product is an important step for your make-up to be fresh and permanent. You can wear the makeup you want under the mask with the right products. It is advantageous to choose light products when choosing a foundation or BB cream. Otherwise, the products will flow faster. Also, the fact that these products are naturally shining or close to the mat increases the permanence. Because this type of products are fixed. However, if you do not like matte products, you can fix it by applying a light powder on it. But don’t overdo it, because cakey makeup is especially stifling for the summer. For other products, you may note:
- Lip glosses or shinny lipsticks will smudge your mask. If you do not like this, you can choose permanent lipsticks or transparent lip balms.
- It is advantageous to choose non-comedogenic products. Because masks can increase blackheads and acne problems.
- Setting spray can save all your makeup. Especially if you used an unstable foundation or BB cream and don’t like powder, the setting spray will fix your makeup in exactly the form you want.